Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Some of my latest

So I've been working like a mad woman the past while to get the projects completed for the March challenges at ScrappersHaven and thanks to a wonderful, supportive husband who went over and beyond with his fatherly duties, I managed to get them all finished!! Yes, you heard right, ALL 13 of them!! Isn't that insane??? I've never worked so darn hard in my scrappin' life before LOL

Here's a few samples...

Glenda's Word Challenge - Find

Rebecca's Scrap-A-Round Challenge
(you had to take something from the previous LO posted and build your own)
I took the stamping from Tess's layout and stamped Amelia's name on mine.
Marcie's Monochromatic Layout Challenge
I wasn't able to participate in the online crop this past Friday due to a family matter that arose, but I did check in later and tried out Chris's step by step resist technique card and I loved it!!! Unfortunately my picture took on a blue tinge but it looks kinda cool in real life! Everyone who participated in the technique got their name entered in a draw and I found out yesterday that I'd won!!! :D It made my day and I can't wait to see what sweet gift Chris is putting in the mail!

Glenda's Step by step was a lot of fun as well. It was to learn how to make homemade posies. These are how mine turned out! Please message me if you'd like to learn how and I'll get you the correct link. I'm having problems posting it properly in here for some reason. I may come back and try again later.

Definitely have to post that I am LOVING my new cricut Expressions! I have used it a lot already for some titles and accents and I'm feeling much more comfortable with it (and more creative too!) My only complaint is that my papers seem to really stick to the cutting mat and when I lift the paper, it leaves paper fuzzies behind on the mat and the backside of my papers look terrible. It kind of upsets me because it ruins any paper that wasn't cut. Not sure what to do about this...if anyone has any suggestions PLEASE let me know in the comments!
I do know that I want to get another cutting blade and another cutting mat though, so at least I can rotate the mats to make them last longer, cuz at the rate I'm using it, it won't last long! LOL

2 comments:

Glenda T. said...

Go, go, go Kendra, go, go, go Kendra!! You totally deserved to win as you rocked the challenges like it was nobody's business girly-o!! woohoo!!

Glenda T. said...

Hi Kendra, it's me again! Just popping in to let you know I've tagged you and you have to visit my blog to check it out!