So, I've delayed writing for a few days now cuz I'm not sure what I really wanted to say without sounding like a blubbering idiot on here. I got an email the other morning basically saying that Scrappershaven is going to close. Now I know Donna is off to do better and more wonderful things with her life now, but it doesn't make me any less sad. I'm pretty bummed out about it and I just get this awful sad feeling whenever I go the site now, knowing that at the end of June it will be now more. I only wish I had the money to take over it for her and keep it running, but I don't, and I think that makes me even MORE sad....
I've signed up at a couple other places recently, so that I have somewhere else to browse during the day, but it's very scary! I don't know these people and I feel like I'm walking into unchartered territory type thing. I know change can be good, but it doesn't make it any less scary! Guess I will have to see how things go, but it kind of feels like I'm going to lose a good friend soon and it breaks my heart!
On somewhat of a lighter note, round 2 of iron chef went really good. I won in my group and then I won the round overall! I was so excited!!! I haven't started on my projects yet for Round 3, but I hope to get on them this weekend. If I have even a hope of winning this contest, I'd better make sure my projects kick some butt LOL
Round 3 ingredients - metal, flowers and masks
This shouldn't be too bad...I have some ideas already!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I hear ya Kendra! I've been a bit sad for awhile. Have to say I've been really impressed with your projects for IC! You've done an amazing job with them!!
I keep thinking - how about us setting up a little message board somewhere - it must be pretty easy to set up a message board similar - I'm sure you can do it for free and we could just ahve a basic easy free message board where we could all just drop by and chat and post our layouts etc.
Lloyd offered to buy it for me but I don't know the first thing about running a store and I don't even think its for sale - nothing was said. I just know I am going to miss it so much :( I joined one Glenda posted about but its so busy and so HUGE that I feel lost there and its just not the same :(
It sucks to be honest :(
I'm so happy for Donna and I'm glad its for good reasons rather than bad but it still sucks that its closing lol - I wish the website could keep going just for us to chat still :(
I wish someone could take over just the website :( just so we could all still chat.
I hope Donna can atleast see this as hugely flattering though because she has built such a wonderful thing here - thats a great thing :)
I hear you Kendra but I'm glad you joined Dream Girls! At least we can all stay connected that way. When one door closes another opens, that's what I like to think anyways! haha By the way, you are rocking the Iron Chef girl!!
I hear you. I too was devastated. In a short period of time it had become more than just a place to shop. I joined dream girls but, I still want to spend my time at SH...as pretty soon it will be gone.
We could set up an invisionfree message board if enough of us are interested. I feel like too much of a stalker just reading people's blogs.
Post a Comment