Actually, my head is starting to feel a bit better since I took some Advil, so I'm going to post this and then try to have a big ol' nap when my kiddo goes down for his (which should be shortly). He woke up before 6:30 this morning and his daddy heard him and I woke up (barely) to see Daddy bringing him into bed with us. Trevin wanted to play, but I made him lie beside me and before we knew it, he was snoozing away on my arm. I breathed a sigh of relief and we slept until just after 8:00!! Yes, bless his little heart.
Over at Scrapbooking Fanatics there was a challenge to Re-do an old layout that you were not happy with or wanted to change a bit and I immediately thought of THIS layout that I did WAAAAY back in the dark ages (well, about 3 years ago LOL). I was never satisfied with it and it's always been in the back of my mind to do something about that. This challenge is what I needed.

Yeah, can you tell that I had VERY limited supplies? Crappy dollar store ribbon, not the greatest patterned paper and funny colored cardstock from a jumbo package I got from Costco LOL I'd even hand drawn the 'K' and cut it out. the other letters were lovingly done with stencils (yeah, I went a bit crazy buying those too...now they just collect dust LOL)
So now I'm sure you can understand WHY I decided to do something about this ridiculous LO.
Here's the updated version...let me know what you think :)
I 'm not sure if I'm 100% satisfied with this one either BUT it's a definite improvement over the last one. I may go back and add "soulmates" to it somewhere with rubons or something because that ugly sticky charm on the original says that (my sis and her hubby have that in a tattoo they share).
Well, off for a nap...maybe I'll find some scrappy time again tonight! At least I'm still being productive after competing in Iron Chef. I was worried that my productivity would fizzle out. Sure I'm not doing as many projects in a similar time frame, but I've gotten 3 layouts done this past week or so and that makes me happy.

2 comments:
Wow Kendra, the difference is amazing!! Love the new version and I totally know what you mean about crappy supplies!! I still have some paper stencils in a package and have NEVER used them but HAD to have them!! haha Hmmm...there's a challenge for me....
ps. new Dream Girls Challenge gets posted tomorrow girly!
Well, I LOVE the change! It's gorgeous girly!!
Post a Comment