Sunday, October 5, 2008

For Kim...

Because she's been patiently waiting for a WHOLE week for me to post what I was working on last weekend LOL I finally got around to putting some ribbon on the top and then sat for awhile staring at it, wondering if I should add more embellishments...I seem to be wondering that on all my projects lately. I think it'll be just fine the way it is! I have been wanting to use these papers FOREVER and was glad that I had just the right project for them.

(Just a warning that I tried to put spaces between my paragraphs 3x and it won't let me when I publish this, so if it's hard to read, it's seriously not my fault LOL)
I have so many really nice papers but lately when I take them out to start a project, they just give off this girly feel to me. Maybe I need to have a daughter when we have more kids just so I can use up some of my paper stash! LOL
Spent a few hours over at my sister's last night and we made Christmas cards from her Close to my Heart stash. They're going to be sold at Christmas Chaos here in town in November, as she's setting up a table to feature her business and the products available. Nothing like beautiful handmade cards to get you in the Christmas spirit! I'm kind of eager to get designing mine, considering that two years ago, I had mine finished in August! And last year was a blur, having a newborn that I can't even remember if I made any at all. I think I might have used up some leftover ones from the year before and then made a few to make up the difference. I'm pretty sure Katrina and I will be getting together either tonight or another night to make more, seeing as I only got 10 made and she made about the same. I told her to take at least 40 or so (because who really knows how many will actually sell right?) and if they don't sell, then she has them to send out from her family this holiday season.
Hard to believe that Fall has come so fast around here it seems. Mind you, it's Block-tober now (yes, the NKOTB fan in me is coming out LOL) and the leaves turned awhile back and are now littering the lawns. I really wanted to have a few pics taken of our family but I'm not so sure we'll find a nice colorful area anymore.
Ok, so I think I've just died and gone to heaven! I was looking at the dates for Scraptacular 3 (in Cold Lake) and it's during a weekend when Zane is off shift!!! Do you hear that? Zane is OFF shift, therefore, I don't have to arrange childcare again like last year! Woohoo! I can't wait for registration to come!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh it's GORGEOUS!!!
That is really nice and I totally wasn't expecting to see that on here. LOL
Aren't you just Crafty Cathy these days!!
keep up the fab work!!:)

Glenda T. said...

You've been a busy girl! Love that project, you don't need to change a thing! And how lucky are you to get to go to that Scraptacular, good for you!!