Managed to find some time this week to work on a couple things that have been sitting and waiting for me to take care of. My sister sells Signature HomeStyles and I bought each of these words from her, but I really thought that the DREAM one needed dressing up. It just seemed so plain, so I used some Fancy Pants rub-ons and a bit of organza ribbon from CTMH and voila, this is my end result...for now...LOL I still think that I'd like to add a few more embellisments, but I don't have what I want at this time so it'll have to wait until I'm at the scrappy store in Whitecourt and I'll find something that will work.
This little HOME frame is super cute but I thought that adding some ribbon and a couple rub-ons just completed it. From a distance you can't see anything but the ribbon, but up close there is a little house between the "h" and "o" and a quote along the bottom.
My scrappy friend Tess (who I met at Scrappers Haven) started an ATC (Artist Trading Card) group on Facebook and I decided to join. Whomever on there can post a swap and then you sign up if you're interested in participating in a particular swap. The first swap is a Snowflake swap so I've been working the past couple of nights to get these done. I've only ever done one swap before so I still struggle a bit with ideas and how fancy they have to be, but this is what I came up with...
Personally, I like them both, and I like the simplicity of the white one. Snowflakes are beautiful in their own way so I didn't want to over do it. Of course, I second guess myself and wonder if maybe I 'underdid' them, but I'm pleased with them. I hope everyone in the swap likes them too! Can't wait to receive the other ones in a few weeks! There is a second swap posted already, but I'm not sure if I'll have time to work on it with all the prep I have to do for Christmas Chaos (my Avon display). I'll have to see how the weekend goes for pricing items.
Well, I'm off to relax for a bit, maybe even go to bed as I've been feeling super tired lately. Not sure if it's the weather, or how it gets dark so early now or what, but this girl just always feels tired. I must go back to napping LOL

7 comments:
those words look great Kendra! I personally like the blue ATC card best. How've you been other than being tired? Miss talking to you at SH.
Hi Kendra!! (waving madly from down here in SP!!!) Can't wait to get your ATC's - they're gorgeous!!!! I'd much rather have the snowy atc's than REAL snow thats for sure!!!! They forecast flurries this week and I hope they are wrong!
I miss SH too Rebecca! I hope everyone from there is well!
Oh I'm hoping for now snow either!! Thanks for the compliments girls and I miss talking to you both loads over at SH!!!
Hi Kendra! Those snowflakes look great, I love the first one, is that one an ATC? I don't think I'm joining Tess's toy theme swap becuase for one I have no idea what I'd do it on and for two I am finished a few other swaps right now but I totally want to get in on one there. Maybe I should pop over and suggest one....now the gears are going in my head! haha I find it easy to have time because my kids are older and I'm just down to one and she's never home! haha
Your snowflake ATC's are even better in the flesh!! And I love love love that DREAM!!!
I'm with Tess on this one, I love the "Dream" one but then I also love the simple yet "says so much" "Home" one too. I love both and if my house was actually tidy on any given day would be very proud to display them. Lovely job Kendra!
Your Dream shelf sitter is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! I'd buy one just for you to spruce up anyday!!!
Post a Comment