Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Yay! I got productive!!!

So, the Flames were on last night and my hubby was watching and I was super bored of the computer, so I thought I'd see if I could find some 'inner oomph' and get scrappy!

I managed to get a layout done believe it or not!!! It was simple, but I like how it turned out! And I personally love this picture of Trevin from last summer. Paper is UrbanLily. It's hard to see, but I added some crystal effects type glue on the pink flowers so that they're shiny and I also added a couple of diamond blingie things to their centres. I paper pierced the swirls of the vines and I like how it looks too!


This next project was something I worked on at ScrappyNite a couple of weeks back. I really wanted to work on the ATC's for the celeb swap I'm in, but there hasn't been a cutoff date yet for signups, so I'd have no clue how many to make! I've had this Elsie paper for awhile and wasn't sure how to use it, so I figured I'd use it to make an Art Journal so to speak. I think what I'm going to go is put random sketches etc in it for inspiration because I really struggle sometimes when it comes to putting a layout together.


I'm excited to share that we got a new vehicle finally! We got a 2009 Yukon SLT 4WD and I personally love it! It has light titanium interior (a.k.a. light grey LOL) and I think it's so cool! Lots of neat little gadgets! Now to find a trailer that works for us that this thing can pull LOL


I will share that getting her home was awful! Right when we finished the paperwork in Grande Prairie a storm came up and it was ridiculously windy and raining sleet stuff! Then it started to snow as well and was getting colder. I was following Zane on the highway and freaking out the whole way! But can you blame me? This was the first time I'd driven on the highway as the driver since the accident and of course, I was terrified that the highway was going to by icy! The wind didn't help either, cuz it kept making things feel like the back wheels were slipping or swaying. I made Zane stop in Valleyview for a break and I cried just to get out my anxiety and he reassured me that the highway wasn't frozen and we'd take our time and be fine. I followed and we were fine, but I was still super scared, considering we passed a couple people in the ditch. I just wanted to get home to our boy, who was staying with Zane's folks for the day while we were gone.

So needless to say, when it comes to travel, I totally want to take off somewhere, but I'm so leary of the weather all the time now! And it's so hard to see people I know going here and there all the time. And yet, they come home okay with no problems and then I feel silly for worrying. But who knows, maybe things could have been so different on the way home that day in December...must move on and I'm glad that at least I had to drive in yucky weather so I could start to get over my phobia.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Kendra your layout is wonderful!! And that altered journal is pure eye candy! You do such great work!! Don't worry about the driving thing, when I had my accident my dad kept pushing me to drive and it was the best thing. Just keep taking baby steps you'll get there :)

Kim(Kimmie to a select few) said...

OMG! Kendra, I love that Layout! Stunning! Did the paper come with that decorative ring frame or is it a cutout or Hambly or something? I own no paper that looks like that and I love the whole vine look. It must of took some work! I thought when I first saw it that it was digital! I would love my Layouts to looks like this! Awesome!

MrsD07 said...

Beautiful Layout!!! I love your art Journal, soooo cute!! And your new car is very nice!! Enjoy :)