Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day has never really been a big deal to me in the past and that definitely hasn't changed this year either LOL I guess maybe I think that it should be Valentine's Day 365 days a year, rather than just 1 day that we single out to show our "love" for someone in our life. I spent the day with Trevin, as Zane was working. We shared eggs and toast for breakfast and then just hung out together until he decided to have a short nap before lunch. Then we headed over to my folks, who fed us lunch and then I left my boy behind.

Yup, I went home and hung out while a furnace/duct cleaning company came and did some much needed cleaning! I would guess it hadn't been done since the house was built in 1996. I've neglected cleaning this past week because I knew they were going to be blowing some dust around and now I'm actually kind of excited to clean! (Yeah, that's strange for me! LOL) It'll be nice to see if things get as dusty now as they were before. It was getting ridiculous how much dust would appear in a week!

Zane treated us to Pizza Delight for supper from Whitecourt and it was yummy! I just love their cheese sticks! I'd have to say they're the best cheesy sticks I've had in awhile! And after Trevin went to bed, we've been hanging out. He watched his beloved Flames play Phoenix and I decided to buckle down and get creative and this is what I came up with... (and it got me using up those pesky super small glue dots I've been wanting to get rid of for awhile now! heehee)



I got the idea for a button heart from a layout I saw in the one scrappy store I was in in Grande Prairie yesterday. My boy just makes my heart melt when he's sleeping. I wish I'd written on the photo how old he was in the picture...it was definitely a while ago now. By the flower it looks like there is a blank spot, but it's actually a clear button with white coloring on it. I'm not sure if this thing will let you enlarge the picture or not. I'm not talented enough to scan my layout 1/2 and 1/2 type thing and then stitch it, so how the heck do I take a straight picture??? Any suggestions?

So yeah, as I was saying, I headed to GP yesterday and hung out with my best pal Ang (we've known eachother since junior high!) and it was nice to see her. I'm so very happy that she and her family live only a couple of hours away now, instead of 8!! I also got our DVD player installed in our Yukon while I was there and wow, it's awesome! I have no idea how you're supposed to drive safely when it's on though...the dang thing blocks practically the whole back window when it's down! Guess that's what I get for choosing the 12 inch screen...Wasn't thinking that it would be as wide as a LAYOUT when it's down haha

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love that heart layout kendra!! I might be lifting it ok? ;)

MrsD07 said...

LOOOOVE that LO Kendra!! I agree with you about V-Day...it's become so commercialized it's rediculous! Romance should be alive 365 days a year!!

Kim(Kimmie to a select few) said...

Awesome job on that LO! I too, love that heart! And yes, you can blow up that picture, sorry, but the button is still hard to see, we believe it's there though, honestly! lol
I look at the pics of the boys when they are babes and am always kicking myself, on top of having a bad memory, it's been 18 years since I had them and do you think I thought even once, to journal or even date those darn pics?
I myself, love Valentine's day, because it makes my hubby go and get me something special and to treat me good, any and every other day, he doesn't, so Yeah for Feb 14th here! I also love the string heart I did on my LO, I'll show you if you want, it would look smashingly awesome if I do it again but bigger!
BTW, my photo stitch came with my camera so that I can do the whole melding of photos thing.
Have a great weekend Kendra!!

cerbean said...

Oh wow!!! I love your button layout!!! I think that I too, will be scrapping that one!!! It it amazing!!!

Glenda T. said...

I'm with ya on the Valentines thing. I think it's become so over commercialized. I'm now actually Anti-Valenti just to stick it to "the man", which are the stores. haha Makes me feel like a rebel! Hey, if you are looking for Kathy bags make sure you check out Winners if you have one because they are always 1/2 price there!

Diva Scrapper said...

Oooo. I just love that layout. I may have to scraplift. It is just adorable and the pic is simply too cute for words!

Unknown said...

i adore the layout - i think using button on layouts to create frames and a focal point is a lovely idea i used them once on a layout of my first son, children and buttons go so well together.
love the blank canvas behind which shows colours of the buttons really well. great work!
thanks again for visiting my blog cant wait to see more of your masterpeices.... hope your well.

Unknown said...

hi there, was just passing by and as you havent blogged for a while , i wondered if you was okay? hope to see you on here again very soon.