Friday, November 28, 2008

Swap Time




So I finally got around to joining another ATC swap and it was through Tess and her group Addicted to ATC's on Facebook. I really enjoyed doing this swap and it was so nice to get my return ATC's in the mail after my crazy week!! There are definitely some talented women out there! There are a couple of cards that are definitely my faves (and they're not mine LOL) but I'm not going to say which ones because it's not fair to single anyone out. This way every one can assume it's theirs heehee :)



I'm tempted to do another swap now that things have settled down around here. November was a crazy month! Especially the past couple weeks with Christmas Chaos, and then heading to Edmonton with the girls for our concert. Yup, I went to New Kids on the Block because I was a die-hard fan back in the day. And I also got my picture taken with Jonathan, which I am so excited about!!!! I waited 20 years for this photo!!!!! (And yes, he's so handsome in person and he smelled fantastic too! LOL)

I also had another nice surprise this week too when I found out that I'd won Glenda's draw from her blog! She's been posting for a year now and had a RAK to give away. Definitely some cool stuff in here and those Heidi Swapp rub-ons (in the top right of the pic) are so cool!) I definitely have to get cracking and work on some projects. I've gotten so many yummy goodies over the past few months so it's time to use them! Thanks Glenda!!! And be sure to check out her blog, this girl has got talent! And she's a fun read too!


Lots 'o goodies from Glenda

Well, I probably should go and get cracking again on the layout I started a while back. I sat staring at it for awhile and kept thinking that it needed something more (seems to be a huge problem of mine lately). It's been sitting on my table for a few weeks now, so my fresh peepers should be able to detect the problem with it now.

Thanks again for stopping by! I know I don't post a lot, but I love getting your comments and it feels good to know that you've dropped in! Take care!

7 comments:

Kim(Kimmie to a select few) said...

Nice Stash you got there!! I have those Acrylic stamps and if you had joined the Nature swap you would of seen them in use, lol! I read what you posted on my blog, so sweet of you and yes, I have thought of Big Sisters but then dismissed it just as quick.
I figured since I don't drive and do smoke(Yuck! I know!) that they wouldn't want me. Now, though, maybe a phone call, just to ask a few questions wouldn't hurt, you never know and with me doing scrapping, that would really interest a girl and she would have albums galore of herself. Thanks for putting this into my mind, never would of considered it before and it could be just the thing for this empty nest syndrome I am going through! You are so cool Kennie!

cerbean said...

OMG!!!! I am so jealous...You are one super lucky gal...first you win Glenda's goodies and then you meet Jonathan!!! WTF??? Love the picture!
Was he really just as cute and funny IRL? Okay...don't tell me...cause I think I am going to die from jealousy!

The concert was pretty fab. I really did not want that night to ever end!

~Kennie~ said...

Cerbean - seeing as I can't figure out how to reply to you (LOL) I'll reply here...yes, he was just as cute in person, I personally think he's aged just perfectly and he just turned 40 yesterday! Not sure about the funny part as I only met him for what seemed like 30 seconds, but he was kind enough to do the picture with me even though we weren't supposed to have cameras. He sought me out after the meet & greet bit so that I could get my pic with him! Then he left without seeing anyone else! I was so stoked! I've been told he wears Burberry cologne and if that's what he had on..WOW!

Gosh, I'm like a teenager again LOL

Glad you enjoyed your show, we loved ours and it was so nice to meet the guys! If you want to add me on Facebook please do, I have pictures from our concert and the meet & greet with the guys!

Kendra Ashmore

Glenda T. said...

That's exactly how I would have reacted if I got to meet JR in person!!! (for those that don't know, John Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls) Sigh. Swoon. They would have probably had to peel me off of him! haha What a great pic (and look at you in your sexy and sassy top!!) and memory to have!! Glad you liked the goodies too and the swap cards are great!! I can hardly wait to get my nature ones back! Hey, I never know how to reply back to Corrinne either (Cerbean)! haha

Debbie said...

Hey there Kendra! Thanks for stopping by my blog - it's great to see an old friend! How cool that you got to see New Kids and smell Jonathan, LOL!
Hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

Kim(Kimmie to a select few) said...

Thank you Kendra for the idea you posted on my blog, payday tomorrow!!Yeah!! So I will definitely be doing some shopping tomorrow, lol!

Glenda T. said...

Hi Kendra, I can totally confirm that creation is alot better with a cold beverage in hand!! You go girl and I look forward to seeing your creations! Have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy New Years!