Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hello Hello Hello!

Hello everyone!!

I have not fallen off the face of the Earth as it may have appeared! I just looked back and saw that I haven't posted since March 28th so it's been 6 months!! Yowch! In all honesty though, not a whole lot has happened in those six months other than that we went camping a bit through the summer in our new trailer and my belly kept growing LOL

On August 28 at 5:49pm we welcomed Griffin Bentlee Ashmore into our family. He weighed 7 lbs 12 oz and was 21.25 inches long.

He's fit himself into our family unit perfectly and Trevin just loves being a big brother. He's always concerned if Griffin is crying or not in his sight. He's continually asking "Where's baby?" or "Uh oh, baby!"

Scrapbooking for me hasn't been too eventful over the past 6 months either. I organized my space after returning from Scraptacular, got unmotivated, FarmTown took over my evenings and it turned into a junk room space pretty much for the last while. I've finally gotten it cleaned up again in the past couple months but have totally forgotten what I have for supplies! Not good! LOL So, needless to say, I need to take an hour or two and sit down, look at all my stamp sets again, at everything on my clip it up and see what the heck is in all the drawers! I did make a few simple thank you cards recently and it was weird just getting out my ink pads and stamps again. Almost felt foreign! EEK! So, can't have that happen again any time soon! haha Yesterday I also made that Griffin name frame from above with his birth stats. Trevin has a picture with that information too in his bedroom, so I decided I'd better get the ball rolling and get working on some Griffin projects too! It's bad enough I don't have the camera out as much!
In August I shared that I had actually made a project and couldn't share it at that time because I'd already put Griffin's name on it and he hadn't been born yet. This was the project. Simple, but pretty I think. I just love ultrasound pics!



My sister took this picture last night at the baby shower she had for us. I loved it and am so grateful for it. I am just appalled and disappointed though that people tell you they are coming to a function/get together (whatever it may be) and then they don't bother to show up. We had more than a few like that at a couple parties I've been involved with recently and it's so sad and hard not to take it personally. I remember one time my mom saying that she and my dad had decided to throw a New Year's Get Together and invited all these people they knew (each of whom said they were attending) and come the day, only one couple came around 10pm that night after they'd been at another function. My mom was devastated, especially after planning, and prepping food and the getting the house ready. I have this funny feeling that part of that is why I don't enjoy or even want to have functions at my house, just in case no one comes! LOL

So in a nutshell, we've just been settling in with baby here at home and I've been working (doing my Avon business) and things are going well. I'm not all too excited about winter coming early this year though. How blech! I don't even have winter boots for Trevin yet! So I can't even take him out in the yard to play in the snow while there's a small amount on the ground LOL I guess it's time to make the best of it!

1 comment:

cerbean said...

YEAH!!! You are back! I have been faithfully checking your blog for activity!

I love the picture of you and Griffin. It's super cute!

I share the feelings about people who rsvp and no show to a function. It happens all to often lately to me also. It is rude and it drives me crazy!